Task and responsibilities Nanny
Dutch nannies with a pedagogical diploma or Experience Certificate (registered host parents or babysitter), who are eligible for child care allowance (Kinderopvang Toeslag “KOT”), primary role is taking care of the children. Dutch nannies work on fixed days and times. Preferable 4 or 5 full days. If it is an unregistered nanny, you and her can discuss extra (light and heavy) household tasks. Foreign flex nannies and au pairs are more flexible.
The tasks mentioned below are the roles and responsibilities of the au pair and (flex) nanny. A broader list of tasks was put together by the BONAPA and can be downloaded.
The following household and child related tasks are part of the Nanny program:
Putting children to bed, getting children out of bed.
- Feeding children (bottle and baby food).
- Daily childcare; changing diapers, assisting with going to the toilet, giving shower / bath, brushing teeth, brushing hair.
- Preparing breakfast and lunch, preparing lunchboxes for children.
- Preparing day care bags and schoolbags for children.
- Taking children to day care and school, picking them up.
- Organizing activities, offering assistance and joining activities for children such as: reading, doing arts and crafts, swimming, going to the playground, taking over to play dates, etc.
- doing dishes, loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Preparing simple dinners (warm).
- Keeping the kitchen clean.
- Small grocery shopping.
- Doing the laundry, folding, ironing and putting laundry away.
- Picking up and cleaning children’s rooms.
- Picking up and cleaning own room.
- Picking up and cleaning the house in general: vacuuming, cleaning, dusting, keeping floors clean.
- Making beds and changing sheets.
- Taking out garbage (same level floor).
- Walking and feeding pets.
- Watering plants.
What Host Families say about us
by family Homayer, Amsterdam
“Erg positief. Nadat familie aanvraag formulier heb gestuurd werd ik binnen 1 dag gebeld voor interview bij thuis (dat vind ik ook zeer aangenaam). Ik heb verder alle benodigd documenten gestuurd en voor sneller procedure….. “